Government Relations Resources for Sections and Branches
ASCE has a variety of resources for Sections and Branches to assist with advocacy efforts at the state level. They include:
- Legislative Tracking: To see currently pending legislation and regulatory proposals in your state, you can access ASCE’s state legislative tracking service. Log-in with ASCE website username and password: http://www.asce.org/MLTS.aspx
- State Government Relations Manual: A basic manual on how to create and successfully run a state government relations program. This is available for download.
- State and Local Key Alerts: ASCE has the ability to reach out to key contacts in the states to urge action on legislative proposals that affect the engineering profession. Members can send a personalized messages to their state legislators and Members of Congress through the Click and Connect system.
- Government Relations Updates: ASCE staff generates a variety of regular updates on notable activity in the states, and we can provide updates on state and federal issues to use at Section or Branch meetings.
- Testimony, Talking Points, and State Issue Briefs: Staff can assist Sections with drafting and delivering testimony, position papers, letters to legislators, editorials, and letters to the editor. We can also provide materials and information for visits with state elected officials.
- State Report Card Guide: This publication is designed to help Sections and Branches get started with the process of producing a state or regional infrastructure report card.
- Social Media Sites: Check out the Save America’s Infrastructure page on Facebook, ASCE Government Relations on Twitter, or our blog to keep up to date on infrastructure news and the latest federal and state legislative updates.
- ASCE Staff: The ASCE government relations staff is available to assist you and can be available for webinars or to speak at your Section or Branch meetings about building your advocacy efforts.
Many of these resources are available directly on the State Government Relations Section of ASCE’s website. For more information on ASCE Government Relations programs contact Aaron Castelo at email@example.com or 202-789-7855.